Wednesday 27 June 2012

Knock on Wood




|HYPE this on Lookbook.nu HERE and on Chictopia HERE|
| Korean Brand Shoes,Top, Shorts and Shades. Aldo Fringe Earrings. DP Snakeskin Clutch. Robinson's Department Store Belt. Mom's Watch |







Shoe trends are here and there and everywhere. It changes as quick as the clothes do. Well, you know what they say, A woman can not have enough shoes and true enough, I beg to agree. I don’t know with you ladies but I never grow tired of a good pair of shoes. I have a problem with disposing old pairs, to be completely honest. I recently just reorganized my closet (after what? A year. Haha) and upon fixing it, I found this pair of wooden wedge and realized how the shoe designs have evolved in such a crazy-yet-modern way. 

I guess, it’s safe to say that we are now in a new shoe era (can I hear an amen for that?). Influenced by the green movement or perhaps the minimalist impulse, high-end brands like Prada, Giuseppe Zanotti, Michael Kors, Christian Louboutin and Filipino brands like Kermit Tesoro and Gold Dot are incorporating natural fibers, textures and shades for a look that’s refreshingly rustic and very experimental. Using materials like cork, cut out wood (like the one I’m wearing), glasses, spikes and other hardware stuff, shoe designs, now a days appeal to the city girl’s sense of cutting edge style. 

In line with these shoe evolution, we should never take comfort for granted. Choosing trend without considering the comfort factor is like putting your money straight to the trash bin from your purse. Some, not all, shoes designers also contribute to the same mistake because they only pay attention to the designs and neglect the comfort aspect. So (take note ladies) it’s important that we don’t just consider what’s in and put aside comfort, It’s a must that we choose what’s easy to walk in, comfortable and stylish at the same time. 

P.S

If you’re in hunt for those perfect pairs that are in and on the hottest trend right now, I say you visit the I’m Shoe in Love Bazaar at NBC Tent starting tomorrow until Sunday (check out the banner at the left side bar for more infos) and oh, to all who joined my giveaway in line with this event. Thank you and check your twitter DM guys, I just might popped in and say you won a free ticket! And one last thing, what can you say about this look? Share away! 

Xx,
Nikki


—-FOLLOW INSIDE THE CLOSET ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER—-

37 comments:

  1. You look great & nice shoes!

    http://mesmemos.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! I love your blog, followed you on Tumblr! <3

      Delete
  2. You look great! I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look. You look great! And those shoes are amazing!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit and of course the shoes! I love shoes too and I must agree that we should always consider comfort before buying a new pair.

    By the way thanks for visiting my blog. =)

    www.pinkyjhaney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi nicole, thanks for visiting my blog :)
    nice look, and i love your shoes <3

    xoxo,
    autumn love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your newest follower :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit! Beautiful color combination :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool - love it especially shoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are amazing! I'm a huge fan of wooden heels - they are surprizingly comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so beautiful!
    and these wedges are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise! I'm actually reading your beauty review right now! :)

      Delete
  11. Beautifull outfit!!!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, followed you now on GFC and bloglovin ;-)

    I started also a FB page so i hope to see you there
    https://www.facebook.com/Fabulousstylews

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous !! :D
    I'm following u back !
    xoxo
    http://maybe-not2day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the details of your outfits! Nice one!

    http://leguidedelama.blogspot.com
    Following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nicole! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Followed you! :) Love the shoes, btw! <3

    Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just started following you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your top! :)

    -Lyra
    http://lyrawr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so chic! love the colorful details on your top.

    http://deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete